I'd like to start this post with saying I believe all bodies are beautiful, but even more beautiful is confidence and feeling beautiful. This post is solely meant to be helpful because I feel a lot of women are lost when they shop for lingerie. Your goal should be to wear what makes you feel gorgeous and confident.
1. Bodysuits can seriously accentuate your curves in the best way. High cut on the bottom make your legs appear longer. Low cut top is gorgeous for any cup size. If you'd like your stomach covered up for some of your photos, this is the perfect choice!
2. High waist is always a good choice. It makes your waist appear smaller and it pairs perfect with going topless.
3. ASOS has sections specifying your body type [tall, petite, curvy, maternity, and fuller bust] making shopping more efficient. I've never been disappointed with ASOS quality.
4. Neutral colors such as ivory, nude, gray, black, and white are absolutely my favorites. Neon colors do not photograph well. Black is a must have for at least 1 outfit!
5. Lingerie isn't the only thing that will work for your boudoir session. I love working with sweaters, cardigans, jeans with a bra or no top, a wet white top, a sheer dress, or just the white sheet.
6. There are other shops that sell lingerie besides Victoria's Secret. I've actually been loving their pieces lately, but don't limit yourself by only looking there! So many unique pieces are available online. Birdies in KC has awesome pieces too! [shop my fav online looks here]
7. Shop for discounted lingerie and anything else you need on Poshmark. A lot of items on there are new with tags or maybe worn once. You can make offers lower than the listed price and the seller can choose to accept or haggle. Browse here.